MRP CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES
SCHEDULE / RULES & REGIONAL SERIES DETAILS
At Michiana raceway Park, we offer a variety of ways to come RACE WITH US – regardless of your age or experience levels! If you are brand new, be sure to visit our SCHOOLS section to learn more about getting started in karting…. otherwise, we offer GROUP RENTALS or our regional series, the MRP CHAMPIONSHIP SERIES. See series rules, regulations and details below.
RACE DAY FORMAT & SCHEDULE
9:00-10:00AM – Practice (5 min sessions)
10:15AM – Drivers Meeting
10:45 – Qualifying (6 min sessions)
11:15 – Class One Race #1 (15 laps)
11:45 – Class Two Race #1 (15 laps)
12:00-1:00 – Track Closed / Rock karts Racing by appointment. Get a group of 5 or more and book it.
1:00 – Class One Race #2 (15 laps)
1:30 – Class Two Race #2 (15 laps)
- Practice sessions will rotate between Class One and Class Two. The number of sessions will be as many as can be ran in the designated hour.
- Race #1 will lined up by the qualifying results. Race #2’s lineup will be determined by an inversion of the top-6 finishers from Race #1.
- If the same driver wins both races, they will receive a 1-point championship bonus for the sweep.
- Mid-season and Championship races will ran straight-up by qualifying results, will be 20 laps in length and will be ran for double points.
2020 SEASON SCHEDULE
MAY 3 / TRACK A
MAY 31 / TRACK B TRADITIONAL
JUNE 21 / TRACK C TRADITIONAL
JUNE 28 / TRACK B WITHOUT HORSESHOE MID SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP RACE TWO OF THE DAY One extra class on the 28th
JULY 12 / TRACK A
JULY 19 / TRACK C WITHOUT HORSESHOE
AUGUST 9 / TRACK B TRADITIONAL One extra class
SEPTEMBER 13 / TRACK A SEASON CHAMPIONSHIP RACE TWO OF THE DAY
RULES & REGULATIONS
The 2020 MRP Championship Series race format will consist of two races, which will count for points, on each race day. The 2020 championship will consist of 16 total races, with 13 of those counting towards the final championship standings.
RULES & REGULATIONS
- There will be strict Code of Conduct requirements for the safety and enjoyment of our racers.
- Track Specific Sporting Regulations
- Spec Tire Rule & Marking
- Tires must be pre-ordered through MRP by contacting Steve at our Three Oaks location (269) 756-9133 no later than 1 week before the scheduled event.
- Spec Fuel For Classes
LO206 Class will follow last years 2019 Regions cup rules. NOTE: We are NOT enforcing the revised ruling of the clutch drum.
Call 269 756 9133 to speak to a tech expert if you have questions.
Tires for each class will be as follows:
LO206 —> Hoosier R70 ($200)
Rotax —> Hoosier R70 ($200)
Wet (Both Classes) Hoosier Rain $226.00
- LO206 — 375 lbs
- ROTAX MASTERS — 385 Lbs
- ROTAX HEAVY — 450 LBS
Scoring points toward the MRP Championship Series is based on the following system.
1st Place – 50 points
2nd Place – 47 points
3rd Place – 44 points
4th Place – 43 points
5th Place – 42 points
6th Place – 40 points
7th Place – 38 points
8th Place – 36 points
9th through the remaining positions will drop by 1 point per position.
BONUS POINTS MAY BE SCORED BY THE FOLLOWING SCENARIOS:
- Fast Qualifier for EACH CLASS = 1 Bonus Point
- If a Driver SWEEPS both races of the day (wins both events) – they receive 1 Bonus Point
Looking to get involved? Take a school and use a rental kart for a race event! Contact us for details!